People who have friends at work tend to be more productive and more satisfied with their jobs, but remote work can make it harder to socialize with coworkers. The common communication channels — instant messaging, email — don’t have the same personal warmth as the casual face-to-face chats one could have in the office. As a leader, you can support https://remotemode.net/ a culture of communication by staying accessible yourself. Institute an open-door policy so people can come to you for help or a friendly chat whenever needed. Share updates on your own work and any insights you can offer into broader organizational happenings. If employees see you prioritizing open communication, they’ll follow suit.
- If we’re speaking your language, this is probably a good time to tell you that it can be a real bear to order pizza from pizza places all over the world to be delivered at precisely the wrong time.
- This can create a better picture of a team’s energy that day, and it might even teach you about what some of your coworkers are listening to when you see them with earbuds on days at the office.
- You can plan the event yourself and research tasty cheeses or chocolates to try and send a box of goodies to everyone’s home in preparation for the event.
You can include items such as wooden spoons, a green pen, a tv remote etc. Similar to a meeting, but the agenda is to discuss all things non-work related for 30 minutes over a cup of tea or coffee. To organise the perfect virtual lunch, you will need to choose a virtual group video chat software and do some prior planning for the games you want to play or events you wish to organise. Folks shared tons of easy work from home lunch ideas, and I’ve combined them into 13 popular categories. Read on if you want to branch out to a new lunch category or need a shake-up of your current go-to. Virtual lunch and learns provide a slight added layer of complexity in terms of coordinating a date and time for your event.
Remote Year Blog
We’ll email you 1-3 times per week—and never share your information. Every Sunday, I make a big batch of quick oats + brown sugar + spices that I put back into the oatmeal canister. When I’m ready to eat, I shake out my portion of oats, add oat milk, microwave, and enjoy. Salads https://remotemode.net/blog/ can be tough because they need to be fresher than some of the other options on this list, but they’re yet another easy-to-customize option (and you can prep salads for the whole week). Renee from Zapier likes salads because they change seasonally, so it keeps things changing.
You can customize gift cards to include thoughtful messages for an extra touch of personalization. DoorDash gift cards don’t expire, so employees can redeem them anytime, anywhere. While your team alternates between working from the office and home, you can support them with delicious meal options delivered to their desk or door.
Minute Chickpea & Edamame Salad
Practising mindfulness or meditation can help improve relaxation and stress management. There are tonnes of online guided meditations to follow on sites such as Headspace or even just on YouTube. Meditation can be a great way to reset your intentions for the day and reduce workplace anxiety, even if you only allocate 5-10 minutes a week. Especially on a cold day, I love a warm bowl of cinnamon spiced oatmeal with a big spoonful of peanut butter. If you want to get fancy with your oatmeal flavors, add toppings like fruits, nuts, seeds, or chocolate chips (you make the rules).
- We have also included some instructions and helpful links to get you started and assist your virtual lunch planning.
- They’ve asked companies who have made the leap just how they did it.
- Many companies were forced to transition to remote work to keep employees safe.
- And when we do recognize remote employees, it can be underwhelming.
They’ve gathered research on agile work from more than 4,000 sources and found the most common pros and cons of working remotely. But the internet is chock full of blogs talking about different aspects of remote working. To help you cut through the noise, we sourced what we believe to be the best blogs about remote working. Simple tools for a healthier life delivered straight to your inbox every week. We love to make a big batch of our roasted almond pesto and mix it through, but you can use whatever pesto you have at home.